Interior Designer - Material Expert
About this role
Award winning Architecture firm in NYC with broad expertise in architecture, interiors and planning is seeking talented and resourceful Designer to join their talented team. This twofold unique role involves maintaining, updating the Materials/Resource Library and assist Designers with material selection on specific projects. Their work ranges from the scale of individual buildings and interiors to the city as a whole, office towers, multi-family residences, cultural, workplace, education sectors.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Proficient with material requirements in current sustainability standards: LEED v4, WELL, the Living Building Challenge .
- Collaborate and contribute to interior projects: assist project teams in related materials research and selection.
- Assist in design, research and specification of finishes and furnishings, space planning, production of design and construction drawings.
- Periodic reviews with studio leadership to provide guidance and assistance with project typology materials and resource, and inform on industry trends.
- Provide guidance in developing finish schedules and project books, material presentations.
- Develop and implement standard document templates and procedures for project production & specification.
- Meet with vendors to review new products and schedule periodic presentations with the staff to introduce new products.
- Maintain and update the Resource database with current manufacturers contact information, and product information.
- Keep current, organize and update all reference materials and samples in the Resource Library.
- 6 - 10 years related experience.
- Professional Degree required from an accredited Interior Design or Architecture or related program.
- Experience in successfully collaborating with project teams and coordinating with vendors.
- Experience in one or all of the following sectors: workplace, hospitality, education and cultural interiors.
- Proficiency in REVIT, AutoCAD and other related software a must.
- LEED accredited a must.