In-house Retail Designer/Design Manager
About this role
A luxury beauty brand is seeking a senior retail designer with project/design management experience to work in-house at their central London office for an initial six-month contract. The successful candidate will be developing and managing projects from initial design to completion. Working on concessions or fixtures across flagships and various key retailers.
- Develop exciting retail spaces to deliver great customer experiences.
- Create technical drawings and packs for agreed projects – ready for brand/retailer approval.
- Review technical drawings and feedback to suppliers and retailers as required.
- Provide technical solutions based on retailer/brand requirements.
- Identify and propose solutions to resolve issues that can impact project schedule, cost, or design integrity on multiple projects.
- Project management of various UK retail store projects providing necessary information to relevant stakeholders.
- Main point of contact between global store design & regional team.
- Provide and manage CPA for all store design projects including approvals, costs, manufacture & installation, sharing updates with key stakeholders.
- Budget ownership & management.
- Oversee adaptation/translation projects, design floor plans & elevations, preparing & managing design pack for approval (internally with global store design team & externally with retailers).
- Main point of contact for manufacturing suppliers for all UK projects including supplier tendering (within agreed supplier list) for new projects, ensuring within time & budget constraints.
Skills and Experience
- BA in Interior Design or related field.
- AutoCAD proficiency required. Adobe Creative Suite experience strongly preferred - 3D rendering is a plus.
- Vectorworks/Solidworks experience desirable.
- Proven experience in a similar role is essential.
- Experience in managing the process for building regulations, manufacturing process and design solutions in all types of retail environments.
- Good understanding of basic mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and structural concepts required.
- Decisive problem-solving skills with regards to construction materials and methods a must.
- Excellent ability to think spatially and visually, understand flow and proportion of spaces as well as form and function of fixtures, and translate ideas into cohesive design concepts based on own understanding as well as the needs/requests of related business partners.
- Ability to work collaboratively and drive team success.
- The ability to prioritise effectively and work to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills are a must.
- Effective communication skills.
This is fantastic opportunity to work with a high-profile beauty brand and assist in bringing the creative vision to life in some of London’s most prominent retail departments. Looking to interview and hire immediately.