Senior Design Manager - Retail
About this role
A top fashion Brand is in search of an architect/interior designer in the New York office to support the design development function of the Global Store Design team. This position reports to the Director of Global Store Design and will be engaged in the development and production of design concepts for diverse global audiences. This role requires a technically sound Interior Designer/Architect with superior 3D rendering capabilities who is detail-oriented and is able to juggle multiple projects and direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Develop and manage functional design studies based on initial concept direction from internal Creative partners and in support of design direction.
- Projects will range from global concepts to high-profile locations of retail/wholesale stores, showrooms and fixture programs.
- Produce design development drawings (plans, elevations, sections), renderings, and architectural details as needed to make certain that projects are designed in a manner consistent with brand aesthetics and best retail practice. Documentation will take the form of 2D layouts drawn in AutoCAD, 3D studies/renderings in Google SketchUp, and hand sketches to fully communicate headquarters intent.
- Manage outside vendors (lighting designers, design architects, prototype contractors, etc.) as required to support timely delivery of global creative direction.
- Where applicable, assist with prototype store and fixture initiatives for new design work.
- Candidate must design within approved budgets and effectively track expenses on prototypes, vendor fees, etc.
- Maintain orderly and accessible records of all design projects for ongoing reference.
- Monitor schedules and budgets where applicable.
- The office is a highly collaborative and success in the role relies on active, positive relationships with internal/external contacts.
- Experience: 5 plus years store design experience in an Architectural firm or in-house store design team for a fashion brand
- Masters or B.A in Architecture or Interior design
- Must have EXCELLENT computer drafting/rendering/graphic skills: Google Sketchup 3D, V Ray rendering, and AutoCAD 2D/3D. Proficiency in Adobe Suite and Microsoft is a must.
- Technically savvy with database management software.
- Possess high aesthetics and a keen eye for high quality, commercially viable, store design.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings.
- Good time management skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work flexibly under pressure.