Purchasing Coordinator / Expeditor
About this role
A high-end San Francisco design firm is seeking a Purchasing Coordinator / Expeditor to join their team. Responsibilities include reviewing vendor quotes for proper lead time, pricing, delivery and freight costs, coordination of all aspects of ordering process (including CFA’s, strike-offs and finish samples), WIP reports, scheduling and coordination of production checks, receiving and storage, liaising with accounting department on payments, deposits and refunds, and providing assistance for project installations as needed.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a professional environment that includes purchasing experience, including familiarity with inventory control and accounting procedures
- Excellent customer service, communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, attention to detail, prioritizing and problem-solving skills
- The ability to interact well with vendors, clients and team members at all levels
- An understanding of the interior design industry; knowledge of showrooms and vendors
- Exceptional attendance and punctuality; flexibility to work overtime
- Team player works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded
- Prior experience working in an interior design firm preferred
This is a full-time position in a fast-paced environment with competitive salary and benefits.