Senior FF&E Designer
About this role
This north London-based design studio creates award-winning interiors within the hospitality and residential sectors, and they are now looking for a talented senior FF&E designer to join their team in London.
This role is closely linked with the architectural side of the project. The designer has to develop the FF&E concept in conjunction with the project principal and project manager and maintain the programme and budget under the direction of the project manager. The senior FF&E designer is responsible for coordinating the FF&E information to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
- Work with project manager and client to develop schematic FF&E design, based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget.
- Participate in presentations and ensure the format is compatible with client standards.
- Develop and maintain FF&E budget.
- Develop FF&E specification for documentation.
- Direct and review purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required).
- Serve as principal contact with purchasing agent.
- Review samples, strike-offs, etc for compliance with specifications and design intent.
- Direct and review furniture and installation plans for content and accuracy and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant drawings.
- Co-ordinate selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required). Co-ordinate FF&E installation with all parties involved.
- Work with job captain and project manager throughout project to help formulate staff work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees.
- Be familiar with the project contract and contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases.
- Co-ordinate with project manager in producing finishes schedules.
- Attend and review site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements).
- Direct education of junior FF&E design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- A basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
- Prepare task assignments for assistant designers.
- Allocate and adjust FF&E budget in co-ordination with Client and Project Manager.
- Review and modify if necessary all specifications, schedules, purchase orders (where required) and installation plans for accuracy and design intent, and request changes as required.
- Review interior architectural plans in conjunction with the Project Manager to ensure conformity with FF&E design
Senior Interior Designer
A Los Angeles-based and international design firm is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join a global group of innovative architects, landscapers, urban planners, and strategists with a collective commitment to design beyond the ordinary.
Dynamic, international design studio is seeking a brilliant Interior Designer to join their studio in Orange County (working out of their Los Angeles location). State license or pursuance of state license is encouraged
Leading interdisciplinary architecture studio specializing in museum, cultural, arts and education projects, is seeking a Senior Interior Designer with an interest in working on a variety of projects such as art space renovations, a youth arts & culture center in the Bay Area, custom residences and some retail/mixed use projects.