Hospitality Interior Designer
About this role
Thoughtful, discriminating and with a keen eye for trends in hotel design the successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication skills and be familiar with all phases of design and construction. This role presents a magnificent opportunity to work on hospitality projects in a close-knit creative team - could involve national travel.
- Complete all tasks with a clear understanding of all obligations and design intent working closely with the experienced team
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Confidently prepare drawings and plans for all aspects of a project from layout plans to details lighting fixtures to furniture, material finishes, electrical layouts, elevations and planning submission packages
- Prepare and maintain master schedules and supplemental backup schedules and specifications
- Clearly interpret and transmit the design intent of the principal to other team members, vendors, contractors and other professionals
- Source a variety of unusual and custom products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unique material solutions
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a design position and a professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Have a natural facility to prioritize information and to channel workflow across several projects at one time
- Possess in depth knowledge of the interior design industry and the locations to source the finest materials and furnishings
- Clearly propose solutions to problems with a warm verbal, written and visual dexterity whilst thriving in a close dynamic team
- Balance specific experience of hospitality design with the receptiveness to new ideas and uncommon methods and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Display a high level of technical knowledge of design genres
- Demonstrate precision in the generation of graphic presentations whilst guiding teams and having knowledge of the software they use including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
- The ability to travel nationally
Senior Interior Designer
A Los Angeles-based and international design firm is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join a global group of innovative architects, landscapers, urban planners, and strategists with a collective commitment to design beyond the ordinary.
Dynamic, international design studio is seeking a brilliant Interior Designer to join their studio in Orange County (working out of their Los Angeles location). State license or pursuance of state license is encouraged
Leading interdisciplinary architecture studio specializing in museum, cultural, arts and education projects, is seeking a Senior Interior Designer with an interest in working on a variety of projects such as art space renovations, a youth arts & culture center in the Bay Area, custom residences and some retail/mixed use projects.