Contract Furniture Designer
About this role
Seeking a unique design obsessed individual for a creative design firm that specializes in interiors for luxury and prestigious projects and brands.
- Sound understanding of Solidworks for CAD (configuration, parametric modeling)
- Ability to read detailed shop drawings
- Have a sound understanding of high end residential furniture and an eye for quality of the highest standards
- Have a passion and sound understanding for woodworking and fabrication methods across a number of mediums
- Clear verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with colleagues and vendors
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects at a time
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities
- Working knowledge of standard industry tolerances
- Comfortable working with computers for tracking production, emailing, etc.
- 4+ years experience working in Industrial Design, Furniture Design or related field.
- Bachelors in Industrial Design, Furniture Design or a related field.
This hourly contract opportunity is foretasted to be a six to eight month vacancy with the possibility for an extension.