About this role
Now interviewing a controller to oversee the financial & accounting activities of a well-known, successful structural engineering firm DTLA. The controller reports to ownership/firm leaders. This role will be responsible for a wide variety of accounting and financial functions. Proficiency in Deltek is highly regarded as is prior structural engineering experience.
- A/P – posting, monitoring and prompt payment
- A/R – monitoring and collection activities
- Billing – time entry thru invoice submittal
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Chart of accounts
- Financial statements
- Cash flow analysis
- Local, state, and federal reporting and tax filings
- 401(k) Plan
- Prepare financial reports for owner and outside accountants
- Evaluate and manage business costs and overhead expenses
- Evaluate and manage billing rates and labor rates
- Coordinate with outside accountants on annual F.A.R. overhead audit
- Staff training
- BS in Accounting or Finance; MBA and/or CPA highly desirable
- Prior controller or financial leadership experience
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in the architecture, engineering and/ or construction industries
- Working for B to B services-based company and experience is highly desirable
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows environment) and strong working knowledge of Excel is preferred
- Prior working knowledge and experience with Deltek is desirable but not mandatory
This firm specializes in high-rise buildings, medical centers, educational & athletic facilities, and conducts seismic evaluations, historical preservation and strengthening of major landmarks—this role is based out of downtown, Los Angeles.
This position requires a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Put your winning writing skills to the best use with an international practice passionate about social responsibility. Manage submissions for significant and exciting projects. Central CBD location, AMAZING 3 days a week career opportunity!