Leading interdisciplinary architecture studio specializing in museum, cultural, arts and education projects, is seeking a Senior Interior Designer with an interest in working on a variety of projects such as art space renovations, a youth arts & culture center in the Bay Area, custom residences and some retail/mixed use projects.
About this role
- Lead the interior design working with the project teams and office leadership. Advocate for design excellence while meeting client and project objectives.
- Lead design presentations to clients
- Prepare required documents, including but not limited to permit drawings, construction documents, and FF&E specifications.
- Manage the interior design and FF&E scope of work within a project. Manage vendor, contractor and client relationships and team communication through all phases. Manage project costs and schedules.
- Prepare proposals and participate in contract development and negotiations. Assist in the procurement of new work
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Accredited Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- 8+ years of experience in the interior design of mid-size institutional or commercial projects as well as custom residence.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, Sketchup and Adobe Suite. Familiarity with Studio Designer or other management software
- Basic knowledge of codes, and industry standards.
Additional Preferred Skills and Credentials:
- Experience in exhibit design
- Architectural license, membership in professional organizations.
- Experience working in Los Angeles and/or New York with strong network with relevant vendors, fabricators and suppliers.
- LEED certification or other experience/credentials in sustainable design