Lead Designer - Master Planning & Landscape Architecture
About this role
Vibrant landscape design studio is seeking a design-focused Senior Landscape Designer or Landscape Architect to join their team in DTLA. You must be a creative thinker with a strong background in urban design and planning, as well as commercial-scale landscape architecture.
- Engage in design conceptualization utilizing a variety of mediums, including hand-drawing, digital drawing, as well as physical and 3D modeling
- Manage internal project teams and oversee outside consultants
- Serve as an internal resource and leader for quality control, document coordination and construction administration
Skills and Experience:
- 10-15 years of experience
- Strong design communication skills, including the ability to hand-sketch in meetings
- Must be comfortable presenting to clients and other stakeholders
- Experience leading the design, documentation and implementation of parks, plazas, and other public open spaces
- Extensive experience managing consultant teams, overseeing production of construction drawings, and leading construction administration.
- Experience managing, designing and documenting complex projects from concept design through construction