Workplace Senior Design Manager
About this role
Do you have a love for innovative workplace interior design? We are searching for a Senior Design Manager to join an exciting team in Silicon Valley. The Senior Design Manager is responsible for leading all phases for interiors projects for small to mid-sized interiors projects, establish the vision, lead your team, and bring extensive client interaction. You will participate in marketing strategy sessions and presentations. You will participates in industry organizations to increase firm’s profile and developing marketing opportunities.
- Manage client relationship for small and medium sized projects from initiation through completion, including work performed by internal and external resources
- Lead and conduct client interviews to determine technical and design requirements for the design
- Develop overall design for project
- Produce, review and finalize documentation for projects of more junior designers and review engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution
- Utilize extensive Knowledge of detailing and finalizes details on projects
- Develop overall design for project. Direct staff to complete design and technical drawing. Review design and technical drawing of other more junior designers. Review of engineering drawings to ensure they comply with design solution. Work with technical staff to resolve inconsistencies in drawings.
- Research and select fixtures and finishes to use for projects. Obtain client approval and ensure integration into overall design
- Produce, review and finalize space plans for projects
- Manage overall design budget. Ensure adherence to set budget and immediately inform PM and/or client of any potential variances to the budget
- Organize and conduct client interviews to determine space needs and requirements. Continue to provide needed information to client on design specifications
Skills and Qualifications:
- Graduate of architecture or design school: equivalent experience may be substituted
- 8+ years’ experience in corporate interior design projects
- Extensive knowledge of design principles and aesthetics
- Extensive knowledge of space planning methodology
- Extensive knowledge of furnishings and finishes
- Proficient with the concepts of furniture layout
- Expert sketching and rendering skills
- Expert interior architecture detailing skills
- Extensive knowledge of CDs and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements
- Extensive knowledge of path of travel requirements
- Extensive knowledge of contract administration
- Intermediate MS Office Suite skills
- Advanced Revit skills
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead junior staff through a combination of direct authority and subject matter expertise
Interior Architect - Live & Work in Paris
Join an AD100 studio in PARIS and work on projects that designers’ dreams are made of. Expansive budgets, discerning design and unique projects... get your EU passport ready for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Senior Interior Designer - Multi Disciplinary
Iconic Melbourne-based studio seeks a nice person to create spaces that enrich the human experience. (Must ALSO be a design-focused, commercially aware and exceptionally-talented Senior Interior Designer). A 4 day week may be considered. RARE opportunity!
Interior Designer - Hospitality and Residential
Highly innovative, award winning interior design firm founded in New York seeks a free spirited, prolific and versatile designer to work closely with a team of designers and architects on multiple projects in their fast paced, rigorous creative studio.
Interior Designers – Technical
Imaginative and unconventional this New York City authority in contemporary residential and hospitality design is a firm who successfully inverts conventions to create spectacular new build and re-purposed existing structure projects all over the city and increasingly all over the world.
Interior Designer - High End Workplace & Mixed Use
Looking for longevity with a studio committed to designing for positive future impact? Join an established practice and lead a team of designers on high-end projects. Beautiful studio, city fringe location.