Design Director - Architect
About this role
Talented design architect sought for a thriving established studio entering into a new phase.
- Opportunity to take on design leadership across the Sydney studio.
- Lead and mentor teams
- Work with the managing director and be mentored into an equity position
- Fantastic folio of diverse projects
- Great design reputation
- Spectacular studio centrally located
This practice has an established reputation in, cultural, commercial, mixed use and hotel typologies. Working across architecture, masterplanning and urban design this is a successful practice with a large number of active projects. This studio offers professional development opportunities, a social and vibrant culture and a collaborative culture. Spectacular light filled studio.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience and skills as follows:
- Demonstrable outstanding design skills
- Qualified architect
- Some local experience preferred
- Minimum of 10 years experience gained in high quality design studios
- Experience designing projects in commercial, mixed use and hospitality sectors
- Experience working on design competitions and feasibility studies
- Demonstrated ability to work through design options autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to lead young team members
- Leadership skills including ability to work closely with clients
- Ambitious, passionate and progressive