Senior Design Manager/PM
About this role
A San Francisco office is seeking an accomplished Senior Designer/ Manger to join our Commercial Interiors team. This is for those interested in a diverse portfolio with critical design thinking. This opportunity will elevate your career across sectors working on higher education, multi family residential, and workplace.
As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible for delivering exceptional design and delivery for clients - on time and on budget. You will continue to grow your design experience, relationship skills, collaboration and interpersonal skills while working on great projects for exceptional clients.
- Work with the Design Manager(s) and project team (s) on conceptual designs, presentations, design development, and production
- Lead design effort and client presentations, support client relationships
- Collaborate with Design Manager(s) to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, furniture dealers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Mentor junior and intermediate design staff
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
- Oversee development of design throughout design development and construction drawings.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Contribute to office activities, initiatives, and learning programs
- Participate in firm marketing, industry events and project interviews.
- Collaborate with design talent across the firm to elevate the quality of our work overall.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 15+ years of related experience, including demonstrated success as a designer on a range of corporate interiors project types
- Experience with the entire project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
- Knowledge of FF&E and Environmental Graphic process
- Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve both individually and as a part of a project team
- Proficiency in the use of 2D/3D software, including Revit, AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Sketchup, PhotoShop, InDesign and Illustrator. Understanding of 3D Studio Max and InDesign is a plus (Bluebeam and Enscape )
- Knowledge of materials, construction techniques, and building codes
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong organizations skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong graphic and visualization skills to communicate design ideas
- Must have the ability to maintain existing client relationships and build new client relationship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture or Interior Design required
- State Licensure and LEED accreditation is a plus
Interior Architect - Live & Work in Paris
Join an AD100 studio in PARIS and work on projects that designers’ dreams are made of. Expansive budgets, discerning design and unique projects... get your EU passport ready for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!