Senior Associate Interior Design Leader
About this role
An award-winning, full-service architecture and interiors firm is seeking a Senior Associate Interior Design Leader to join their San Francisco interior design studio. You will be smart, talented and energetic. You will have strong design and leadership skills and adept at conceiving, developing and overseeing a wide range of multi-family residential projects including amenity spaces such as rooftops, lobbies and residential clubs. A smaller portion of design projects will be in hospitality. Overall, you will be the umbrella of the group.
The dream candidate is highly work + production-oriented, with the secondary ability to contribute to business development. Someone with the skill-set to jump onto projects and help fulfill them (expertise with Revit, CAD, FF&E, design sets, etc. is a must). He or she will thrive in a small studio setting of the interiors team (5 people), and will desire a position at a company he or she can stay and grow with for years to come.
- Lead the interior design studio in generating design concepts across multiple projects from concept to completion
- Work with our firm’s architects and play an integral role in overseeing, leading and furthering design excellence
- As a leader you would need to be flexible, open minded and willing to work on concurrent projects
- Create a fluid and collaborative environment
- Direct small and large-scale projects from start to finish
- Create, manage and coordinate design drawings and presentations
- Lead business development and marketing for interior design studio
- Be primary interface with clients and consultants
- Verbally present design ideas to team and approval parties
- Write and prepare interiors fee proposals
- Lead, manage, and mentor junior and mid-level designers
Skills and Qualifications
- 10+ years of interior architecture and design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Professional portfolio demonstrating passion for interior design and interior architecture
- Proven success developing and overseeing concurrent projects
- People, service and relationship driven
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Highly organized and collaborative
- Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Ability to use 2D/3D software, including Rhino, Sketch Up, Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), AutoCAD and Revit
- Strong technical skills and knowledge, coordination and detailing
Full and competitive benefits included.
We are looking for someone who is design-oriented with strong technical skills first and foremost, with the secondary ability to lead and mentor a team. We are looking for candidates with a portfolio of finished work, particularly within the hospitality and multi-family residential fields.