Middleweight Workplace Designer
About this role
The practice works across every sector conceivable; initially the successful candidate is likely to be working across workplace and media. Previous media projects have been for the largest broadcasters - and workplace projects have won multiple BCO awards. From day one designers are given the chance to work on a project from concept through to completion.
- Leading and mentoring a team of more junior designers.
- To be the clients' primary point of contact.
- Concept development that is true to client brief.
- FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling.
- Experience of putting together client presentations.
- Taking ownership of design and confidently presenting to potential clients.
- Working on site.
Skills and Experience
- Technical mind-set with good eye for design.
- Knowledge of UK building systems regulations and construction methods.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong technical knowledge and attention to detail.
- An understanding of documentation delivery using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Presentation and organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication.
- Experience of workplace or residential design.
- Knowledge of Revit is preferred though not essential.
Alongside phenomenal projects this practice has an environment that encourages growth. Designers are known to stay with the practice throughout their career as their efforts are acknowledged and rewarded.