Midweight Interior Designer - Hospitality
About this role
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a talented midweight interior designer who has natural style and a flair for great design. You will have had previous experience working within the hospitality and restaurant sector, and/or high-end residential. You should also have experience in a pivotal role delivering successful projects to a high level of excellence from initial briefing and concept to site installation.
You will work directly with the senior designer and director assisting in the design creation and document production of interior design projects.
- Basic knowledge of building regulations and building restrictions.
- Assist in the overall creative direction research, maintaining design DNA throughout.
- Assist in the preparation of client presentation documents.
- Assist in the preparation of detail design packages and corresponding specification books.
- Assist in sourcing and spec writing of all sanitary ware, ironmongery and fixed design elements.
- Assist in the preparation of decorative lighting, small power and reflected ceiling plans.
- Assist in the coordination of all FF&E within the detail design packages.
- Assist in the selection and sourcing of fixed finishes.
- Developing interior design resources (vendors, professional sources).
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Must show a positive attitude.
- Well organised.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Creativity and enthusiasm.
- Experience required in sourcing and documenting FF&E and/or selection & documentation of interior architectural finishes.
- Productive, flexible, and team-oriented and thorough.
- Meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of all work produced.
- Willing to take initiative and ownership of all tasks given.
- Familiarity and knowledge of both traditional and contemporary style of interior materials, furnishings, accessories and artwork as well as extensive knowledge in sourcing FF&E and finishes.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
This studio looks for only the best designers and expects to see a beautifully presented, stylish portfolio which you can talk through with confidence.