About this role
A well established and growing Architecture and Interior Design firm with offices in various locations in the US, with strong focus in Healthcare is looking for a talented Project Architect to join their dynamic NYC team.
- Lead/assists a project team in development of the aesthetic and technical design and the preparation of architectural design and construction documents including drawings and specifications.
- Manage and deliver the production of construction documents for small and medium sized projects.
- Develops, checks and coordinates technical aspects of the design of a project, including specifications.
- Assist in developing building design while considering program, budget and building codes.
- Extensive coordination with multiple consultants.
- Responds to RFIs and field questions.
- Reviews show drawings and submittals.
- Mentors junior staff.
- Work with marketing team in the preparation of design documents and presentation materials.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience.
- Architecture licensed required.
- Strong communication skills, articulate, graphic, organization, technical verbal and written skills.
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit AutoCAD, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design.
- Hand drawing and sketching skills are a big plus.