About this role
Multi-national powerhouse A & D firm is seeking a dynamic storyteller with a love for content marketing to be their Marketing Manager in their LA office. As a Marketing Manager, you will work closely with leadership and coordinate the vision of the company's goals. This includes attending industry events, maintaining a strong network of industry contacts, and work with design teams to help them prepare engaging presentations to prospective clients and interviews. You may be required to travel to other offices and/or client project locations when needed.
- Work closely with leadership to determine strategies on proposals and presentations; hands-on planning and development of strategic customized responses to RFPs and in the interview preparation.
- Coordinate the preparation of statements of interest and qualifications, proposals, SF330 forms, collateral materials, miscellaneous marketing, and marketing-oriented correspondence, etc.
- Conduct research and compile information regarding existing and prospective clients, competitor activity, and industry/market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans.
- Support those with marketing assignments to prepare for meetings, interviews, and other contacts with prospective clients, as well as for speaking engagements and other marketing activities.
- Centralize information about the business development activities of the local office and those of a firmwide nature that are orchestrated through that office, including such things as leads, contacts, and schedules of business development events.
- See that information is shared in a timely way among team members; manage timely decisions and actions in business development pursuits.
- Explore ways to streamline workflow and use of technology without compromising quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or design-related field.
- 5+ years of experience in relevant marketing /communications, preferably within the A/E/C industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong editing, proofreading skills, and graphic design sensibilities.
- Experience working independently, as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- A collaborative and team-oriented disposition; a sense of humor and grace under pressure; persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic.
- Detailed knowledge of marketing procedures and track record of successful management of marketing projects.
- A thorough understanding of effective document and presentation production, and an in-depth understanding of proposal and presentation psychology.
- Experience managing teams of people (including non-direct reports) with demonstrated ability to coach, mentor, and provide constructive criticism in a team setting and one-on-one.
- Proficiency in InDesign and PowerPoint
- Preferred: working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Deltek Vision and Axomic OpenAsset.