About this role
Seeking a proactive, organized and thoughtful Prototype Manager to support our Systems Design team. Candidate will be involved in the design, procurement, management and execution of both functional and marketing prototypes, and will engage in collaboration with suppliers and partner fabrication facilities.Responsibilities:
- Coordinate prototypes between System Design team members and prototyping partner facilities.
- Design tests for performance and execution of assemblies and components to evaluate criteria established by the System Design Team.
- Keep tests focused, solving specific criteria at minimal budget and fast schedules.
- Create 3D digital models, drawings, and material lists for fabrication of components of tests.
- Maintain schedules and budgets for prototypes.
- Thoroughly document and organize prototype tests results through video, photography, measurement, data capture, etc.
- Manage coordinate travel and access to prototyping partner facilities for colleagues to review prototypes and ensure compliance with safety standards of those facilities.
Skills and Experience:
- Highly organized, and have experience managing complex schedules.
- You are detail and data-oriented.
- Have the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- You have 3+ years experience in a full time position at a manufacturing or fabrication environment, whether Industrial Design, Manufacturing Engineering, or Fabrication.
- Proficient in relevant 3-D modeling software.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to thoroughly record, document and deliver processes in a clear and organized manner.
- You have basic spreadsheet and project management software knowledge.
- Proficiency in Catia, Rhino, Solidworks, and / or Inventor.
- Strong managerial experience with scheduling, budgeting, and project logistics in a fabrication environment.
- A degree in a related field, such as Engineering, Architecture, Industrial Design, Interior Design.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to join a leading NYC studio.
Registered Architect for Boutique Architecture Firm
Opportunity for a design focused registered architect to join a boutique studio with a great work culture. Work on hospitality, master planning, commercial and private residential projects.
Architectural Computing Graduate for a Boutique Architecture Firm
Opportunity for a architectural computing graduate Revit guru to join a boutique studio with a great culture. Have the chance to work on hospitality, master planning, commercial and private residential projects.