About this role
The Purchasing Assistant will be a key point of contact to outside vendors and requires excellent client relationship skills, as well as the ability to work in a fast moving environment managing the movement of deliverables across the globe for multi-million dollar installations .
Key attributes include poise under-pressure, keen attention to detail, and confidence carrying out tasks with minimal supervision. Must be willing to jump on a variety of tasks as needed and have excellent follow through.
This role reports to the Purchasing Manager and will also work with others on the purchasing team as well as the accounting department.
- Daily tracking on hundreds of items to ensure on time arrival. Upload tracking in studio design software.
- Follow up on all payments sent to vendors to confirm all orders have been received and generated.
- Handle all samples to be purchased for design teams as well as tracking follow up and return.
- Manage items to be memo’d for client meetings and return of items. Work with design teams to ensure all items are received in time and returned in a timely manner.
- Generate Care Maintenance Guides for each residential project.
- Handle a number of organizational and support tasks for the purchasing department as it relates to client orders.
- Must be proficient MS Office, experience with Studio Webware a plus
- A&D industry background or previous administrative experience in a creative environment preferred
- Customer service experience with a design degree considered