Workplace Project Manager
About this role
A leading AJ100 practice has an opening for an associate level designer to join an award-winning workplace team. The successful candidate will be instrumental in the management of a successful team as well as setting the design direction of the division.
- Consult with client to determine scope and direction of a project.
- Manage small-to-medium-sized projects during all phases of a project until completion.
- Lead teams to ensure that procedures are followed and that all work is completed as planned, budgeted and scheduled.
- Implement all phases of a design project which includes contracts, budgeting, scheduling, planning, design documentation, specifications and construction, including the selection and specification of furniture.
- Responsible for maintaining positive client relationships throughout project.
- Represent client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts and may assist with negotiating fees and contracts.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other discipline
- Foster and maintain a collaborative professional working relationship with the project leadership team.
- Incorporate integrated sustainable design solutions into projects.
- Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Explore and identify new opportunities to add or enhance professional services with existing clients.
- May participate in developing the annual business plan for the interiors discipline.
Skills and Experience
- Prior project management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
- Advanced knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts,
- Advanced knowledge of design, trends and construction methodology.
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills.