Business Development Manager
Fantastic opportunity for a talented business development professional to join a well-respected agency with an impressive roster or projects.
About this role
This exciting agency known for their involvement in overseas cultural projects are seeking a proactive and knowledgeable business development manager to join their London team.
- To oversee the process of developing new project pitches and responding to tender competitions.
- To proactively develop new business by building networks, undertaking research and cultivating leads.
- Monitor and examine all tender opportunities arising on relevant platforms and inform senior management team of relevant opportunities.
- Manage the calendar of pitches in order to prioritise work and enable the senior management team to delegate tasks effectively.
- Ensure the quality, design and relevance of all pitch documentation is up to date and of the highest standard.
- Ensure the post-pitch follow up process is completed. Request and collate relevant feedback and undertake commercial analysis.
- Develop and implement a holistic customer relationship management-driven workflow.
- Proactively build and develop a network of relevant contacts that further the objectives of the company resulting in new projects.
- Be a brand ambassador in meetings with prospective clients, partners and others - including conferences, fairs and other sector-relevant events.
- Establish good working relationships with sub-contractors and partners when pitching in collaboration with other companies.
Skills and Experience
- High degree of literacy and excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent oral presentation skills and interpersonal/negotiation skills.
- High-level working competency in Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign), Microsoft Office and G Suite.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Ability to work to strict external deadlines and under pressure.
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation.
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to represent the business to the wider industry.
- Awareness of the business relevance of sector trends.
- Business development experience in a similar role within a design/architecture business, cultural organisation or brand development environment.
- Proven track record of developing new business in all parts of the sales pipeline.
- Experience of networking, presenting and engaging confidently in formal and informal situations with clients from a wide range of organisational and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience of working with cloud-based CRM systems.
- Knowledge of another language would be an advantage.