About this role
A unique interiors firm is searching for a qualified candidate to fill a global position based in Scottsdale, AZ. This person will be based in the US but be required to travel world-wide and spend time in the London and Dubai offices. We are hiring for an experienced Associate Director with 15+ years proven experience in Hospitality projects. The ideal candidate will possess experience delivering Resorts, Hoteland Spas in key markets around the world for hospitality developers and top global brands. This position requires an individual who is well connected in the hotel industry and has contacts that can convert to clients. It will also be helpful for the Associate Director to possess international experience and be comfortable pitching in the EU, UAE, Asia and the Americas.
- Maintain a close relationship with the Board of Directors inside the company
- Utilize the existing restaurant & retail portfolios within the firm to build a case for the firm in hotels
- Leverage a personal portfolio that strengthens credibility within the marketplace
- Knows hotel brand standards, designs to meet target customer objectives and leads a cross-functional global team in the presentation of materials for interviews and onboarding
- Actively pursues new client relationships and builds the business in Architecture & Interior Design
- Identifies project opportunities, responds to RFP’s, builds relationships and closes deals
- Ability to evaluate the company’s strengths, opportunities, weaknesses and recommend shifts in strategies to achieve new business.
- Calls upon one’s experience in Interior Design to manage this new market and the design department
- Leverages existing contacts inside corporate brands, developers & builders to find new business
- The ability to role-up one’s sleeve’s, dig-in and produce design packages when needed
- Participates in interviews, site visits, feasibility studies as needed
- Calls upon an existing network of vendors and suppliers to implement projects
- Assists the board of directors with other business development where overlap occurs.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Architectural licensure, LEED AP, ASID, IIDA or NCIDQ Certification is a plus
- 15+ years of hotel, resort, spa and restaurant experience
- Experience with managing client relationships, creating fee proposals and managing design teams
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Highly Competitive Salary based on experience
- Employer contribution to Healthcare provided
- Employer sponsored retirement plan