Junior Designer - Hospitality
About this role
This studio has rightfully gained an unrivalled reputation for quality and innovative design. They have completed projects all around the globe, mostly in the F&B and hotel sector. This is a small team of designers who reward achievements, resulting in the majority of senior designers having been promoted from within the studio. The ideal candidate will have worked in F&B design and be eager to continue on that path.
- Assisting the project lead and director at all stages of the design process.
- Contributing to the concept development of a project and supporting this with sketching and imagery.
- Being conscious of budgetary restrictions when designing.
- Tweaking existing information (plans/drawings/visuals).
- Sourcing materials throughout London.
- Compiling concept boards.
- Speaking/meeting with various suppliers, manufacturers, tradespeople to understand their product, costs, obtaining samples, swatches, etc.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication. Must have the ability to communicate at all levels in a variety of settings including a corporate environment and construction environments.
- The successful candidate must be technically-minded with a positive can-do attitude.
- The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned team.
- The successful candidate will be given the chance to grow in the studio. They want to give their designer the room to pursue their own development. Demonstrable experience of professional work is required.