Residential and Hospitality Designer
About this role
Thorough, creative and with excellent communication skills this role presents a magnificent opportunity for the right person to work with a creative powerhouse on many different luxury projects.
- Run projects and make sure they are completed with a clear understanding of all obligations and design intent working closely with the principal
- Facilitate smooth communication with clients both existing and new by guiding conversations and paying close attention to requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Confidently prepare drawings and plans for all aspects of a project from layout plans to details lighting fixtures to furniture, material finishes, electrical layouts, elevations and planning submission packages
- Prepare and maintain master schedules and supplemental backup schedules and specifications
- Source a variety of unusual and custom products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unique material solutions
- Possess in depth knowledge and understanding of custom furniture design including case pieces, tables, upholstery, and window treatments.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a design position and a professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Have a natural facility to prioritize information and to channel workflow across several projects at one time
- Possess in depth knowledge of the interior design industry and the locations to source the finest materials and furnishings
- Clearly propose solutions to problems with a warm verbal, written and visual dexterity whilst thriving in a close dynamic team
- Balance specific experience of residential design with the receptiveness to new ideas and uncommon methods and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Display a high level of technical knowledge of design genres, history and antiques
- Demonstrate precision in the generation of graphic presentations and having knowledge of the software they use including AutoCAD, Sketchup, Vray, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
- The ability to travel internationally
This is an attractive opportunity for a highly competent and gifted designer to work on many interesting and high-profile projects. This is a chance to work in a stimulating, creative and relationship focused environment with projects in both New York and Europe.