Middleweight Graphic Designer - Contract
About this role
A notable south-east London design studio working across luxury leisure projects is seeking an experienced middleweight graphic designer for a two-month contract. The successful candidate will deliver highly innovative design solutions and work on branding, logo design, wayfinding and signage.
This role is specifically requires a designer with experience in environmental design not editorial.
- Plan, program, conceptualise and develop wayfinding and signage designs.
- Conduct research and generate multiple initial concepts to help solve a variety of problems for clients.
- Design graphics, branded environment, and signage that connect people to place.
- Deliver wayfinding and design advice to clients including pedestrian circulation, movement and information strategies.
- Collaborate with architects, designers, and clients on all aspects of the design process.
- Develop creative and strategic solutions to enhance the brand experience of physical spaces.
- Lead, coordinate and carrying out extensive artwork packages to a print/production-ready standard, including engagement with suppliers and manufacturers.
- Integrate messaging, colour, imagery, type and composition into two and three-dimensional built environments.
- Have a strong understanding of how size, scale, colour, proportion, materiality, and finish are appropriate for a variety of interior and exterior environmental solutions.
- Prepare photo visualizations and mock-ups of proposed signage for placement, content and/or usage.
Skills and Experience
- BA in Graphic Design.
- Proven experience working within an architectural environment.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Design Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
- Experience in application of Wayfinding Strategy and signage packages.
- Strong background in branding, typography and layout is essential.
- Effective written, visual, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Proficiency drawing in scale and familiarity with architectural construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings.
Apply now with your portfolio that demonstrates a strong and varied design approach, as well as specific examples of fully realized and produced wayfinding projects. Looking to interview immediately!