Project Director/Design Manager
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity for a project director to join a team of design thinkers and doers who specialise in helping to tell stories and create experiences in the context of the workplace and corporate environments. You will be experienced in handling the design process, with excellent presentation and relationship building skills, and the ability to understand and interpret client needs and requirements. You will have a good understanding of the end-to-end design process, commencing in the marketing phase through to construction completion, and possess demonstrable International experience, having worked on a variety of projects.Key Responsibilities
- Providing exemplary design/project management and leadership from project pursuit; design concept to construction, completion of design projects, working across all the RIBA/international stages.
- Manage the customer, contractor and design team communications, developing and maintaining strong external and internal relationships.
- Assisting the marketing team and the principal-in-charge in the pursuit of new project work including: the calculation of projected professional fees & resource planning; drafting of preliminary design programme; preparation of project scope of work description; preliminary draft contract review;and preparation of and participation in interviews/pitches for new pursuits.
- Involvement in leading a project team through all phases of the design and management process, including test fit options, programming, schematic design, design development, specification, tendering processes, and construction phase assistance.
- Creation and distribution of all project records including execution plans, budgets, time frames, programmes and monthly overview reports.
- Management of project financial performance including the overall project financial performance relative to the agreed fee; weekly monitoring of labour charge & staff resourcing; and monthly invoicing.
- Client presentations and monitoring through contracted services that deliverables and scoping align with client expectations and budgets and timelines are inline and maintained.
- Coordinate and liaise with other architects and specialist consultants in various locations around the world. This may include the receipt and review of consultant proposal for services; drafting of sub-consultant agreements.
- Management of multiple global accounts across various locations.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Interior Design or Architecture is essential.
- Demonstrable experience of corporate/workplace interior design, with international experience advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of project management is essential.
- Exemplary presentation and client relations skills.
- An understanding of AutoCAD and Revit is appreciated, but not essential.
- Excellent graphic and visualisation skills.
- Proactive and highly organised with a strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects which may be in varying stages of design or implementation.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications; concise, effective and timely.
- Multidisciplinary experience is beneficial.
- A good understanding of FF&E documentation and procurement processes is an advantage.
- Fluency in a European language would be advantageous.