Interior Design Director
About this role
As a Design Director, you will be responsible for orchestrating the work of project teams focused on interior design, development and delivery of outstanding solutions. You will continue to grow your design experience, relationship skills, collaborations and interpersonal skills while working on great projects for exceptional clients.
As a member of a Studio's leadership team, Design Director also collaborate with other practice leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design, and achieve recognition for clients and the firm.
- Collaborate on the initial marketing stages throughout completion of construction and installation, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development and management of schedules and budgets.
- Lead the team through all phases through guiding, advising and mentoring other designer on project work, develop design direction and leading critiques
- Act as a primary interface with clients. Work directly with the client, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators both internal and external throughout the life of the project
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Building and sustaining client relationships
- Work with the studio and office leadership to further the strategic goals of the firm, sector, and office
- Participate in business development, marketing efforts and industry events
- Collaborate with other leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design and achieve recognition for clients and the firm
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or Architecture, LEED accreditation, and 15+ years of diverse interiors experience, including experience in a leadership role
- Prior and recent experience in corporate interiors required
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation abilities
- A mix of strategic and creative bent, with ability to create great design while embracing sound business strategy
- Passionate about design and able to be the design inspiration for multiple highly-creative project teams
- Experience directing and providing leadership for design teams from business development presentation through developing strategy and design concepts.
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide critical design review to design teams, communications design ideas and direction quickly
- Demonstrate success building, nurturing and fostering new client relationships
- Ability to work closely with design directors across the firm to promote an inter-disciplinary design approach and philosophy, and to facilitate its advancement across the firm