Middleweight Residential Designer
About this role
This studio has rightfully gained an unrivalled reputation for quality and innovative design. They have completed projects all around the globe, mostly in the F&B and hotel sector. This is a small team of designers who reward achievements, resulting in the majority of senior designers having been promoted from within the studio. The ideal candidate will have worked in F&B design and be eager to continue on that path.
- Assisting the design teams in all areas of their projects, as outlined below
- Assisting the team with the concept design and presentation by helping with image sourcing, 3D sketching and modelling Photoshop editing and setting up / printing presentation boards and booklets
- Assisting the team with lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware sourcing, by investigating and contacting new and innovative suppliers/manufactures. Recording, collating and distributing any supporting technical documentation
- Researching new materials and finishes, ordering samples and documenting/storing them within the material library
- Assisting the team with planning and construction AutoCAD drawings, ranging from master plans to small architectural and joinery details
- Assisting with paper and electronic filing and recording all project documentation
- Assisting the team with site visits and queries
- Supporting the general wellbeing of the team and its productivity
- Candidates should clearly show natural passion for great design and have high attention to detail in both ID & FF&E
Skills & Experience
- Good knowledge of furniture and materials and where to source them from is highly desirable
- Experience in the delivery of luxury hospitality projects.
- A strong understanding of trends within the hospitality sector and how they will inform the design process.
- A track record of leading a team of designers ensuring they adhere to the client brief.
- Technical understanding of how concepts can be delivered.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.