About this role
Our client is seeking a Heritage Architect to join their Sydney Studio. Our client has offices globally and are recognised for their heritage work. This is a great opportunity to join a small studio that is likely to experience rapid growth in the coming years.
- Demonstrate specialist experience of working on conservation, repair and reuse of heritage buildings.
- Bidding and tendering for small to large scale heritage and conservation projects.
- Use of excellent written English in order to write reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and lead the design of buildings whilst keeping the original, historic design intent in mind.
- Lead heritage and conservation projects across Australia.
Skills & experience
- Bachelor or Master’s in Architecture.
- 2-5 years' experience
- Professional Architect status registered with AIA and other jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with statutory heritage frameworks and the Burra Charter.
- Relevant experience including in the areas of design, project documentation, business development and management.
- Solid understanding of complex heritage projects and technical architecture.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Abode Suite.
- Report writing experience.
- Be passionate about being part of a new firm in Australia and wants to work with an International brand, working on established projects but also helping Purcell grow in the Sydney market.
- Down to earth, 'can do' attitude.
- Strong skills and open to developing themselves with an International firm
Benefits & culture
- Opportunity to work on culturally shaping projects.
- Professional development and training.
- An above market salary and yearly bonuses.
Take the next step in your career amongst the industry's best. Bring your skills to a significant hospital project in a 2iC role that has future Associate potential. Established and respected practice, great benefits.