Junior FF&E Designer - Residential
About this role
This north London-based design studio creates award-winning interiors within the hospitality and residential sectors, and is now looking for a talented junior FF&E designer to join its residential team in London.
The designer has to assist in developing the FF&E concept in conjunction with the project principal and design team. The ideal candidate should have worked on both commercial and private residential projects.
- Product research and visiting showrooms.
- Library maintenance.
- Co-ordination with suppliers/manufacturers, sample orders.
- Meeting sales representatives.
- Assist designer in the compilation of mood and presentation boards.
- Assist designer in purchase of accessories.
- Assist designer at installations where required.
- Assist designer in furniture and fabric research and selection.
- Writing FF&E specifications with guidance from the senior designer.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in both commercial and private residential projects is essential for this role.
- Excellent team player.
- Proactive attitude with the drive to excel and learn.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Word, Excel, Photoshop and InDesign are essential.
- AutoCAD, Sketchup and Spec-Designer are optional but advantageous.