Senior Retail Design
About this role
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a highly creative thinker and designer at senior level with a global retail group that specializes in future-oriented solutions for retail. A vast majority of their established clients are within the food-retail sector, but projects also cross over to luxury retail, beauty and hospitality. You would be joining the newest office in east London which is run by an industry leader with a great portfolio of experience.
The successful candidate will have like-for-like sector experience, preferably from a leading design studio. This role would suit someone who is both strategic and highly creative conceptually. You will have branding experience in 3-D interiors and will be able to take your concepts and translate them into visuals.
This role is yours for the making and you will be joining what is to be the creative hub of this award-winning business.
- Lead design projects within UK and across Europe.
- Brainstorm design strategies alongside the Creative Director
- Create holistic designs that encompass branding, concept development, strategy, store design, and visual merchandising.
- Prepare concepts with look and feel, material specification and hand sketched.
- Translate initial concepts into the 3-D visuals for client presentation.
- Some development of large format spatial planning and fixtures and fittings.
Skills and Experience
- BA in Interior Design or related credited field.
- Proven experience in high-end food retail or branded retail environments.
- Portfolio that highly demonstrates creative thinking and the concept phase of the design process.
- Confident to work to own initiative.
- Experience in managing a team of designer.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and adaptable.
- Proficient in Cinema4D, Photoshop, InDesign is essential.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD or Vectorworks and SketchUp.
- Hand-sketching is crucial.
- Strong communication skills are essential.
- Bilingualism is an asset - fluent German would be a particular advantage.