Interior Project Manager
About this role
One of Los Angeles' leading boutique firms is looking for an Interior Project Manager to join their team. Reporting to the Principals, the Project Manager is responsible for the overall supervision and management of those projects which are assigned to him or her to assure that the project conforms to the contractual agreement the firm has made to the client, and the project is completed within the allocated period of time and the budget has been assigned
- Fiscal Management: managing projects within budget and fee.
- Administration: responsible to update and maintain weekly and monthly reports to demonstrate project status: Fee forecast, Workload Forecast, Weekly staffing reports. Contribute to AR/collections efforts as needed. Responsible to produce and/or supervise the production of all contract documentation within the portfolio of work according to firm protocols and timelines.
- Management: Manage and monitor workflow and work process for assigned team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring as much as possible in order to develop and advance staff.
- Customer Service: Strive to provide consistent and excellent customer service to foster relationships and drive repeat business.
Skills & Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of architectural and interior planning, design and construction. Knowledgeable of relevant design practice and materials, and capable of preparing schematic layouts, overseeing preparation of bid and construction documents, and construction administration.
- Detailed knowledge of construction costs and capable of preparing analytic spreadsheet(s) of cost comparisons.
- Capable of developing complex feasibility studies, programming, and space requirement analysis.
- Detailed understanding of all types of BOMA calculation concepts.
- Capable of developing space requirement analysis for all assigned projects.
- Knowledgeable of relevant codes including IBC, ADA, Title 24 and of relevant building department jurisdictions and practices. Knowledge of relevant AIA documents.
- Must analyze and process job billing for all projects managed, as required by the company. Management of overall project costs and professional design fees.
- Capable of developing schematic space plans based on programming requirements.
- Capable of developing design concepts for architectural treatments, detailing, lighting, materials, and furnishings.
- Adept at client interaction and presentation.
- Capable of developing schematic design budgets.
- Capable of developing a set of working drawings without supervision or oversight.
- Working knowledge in industry-standard word processing (MS Word), spreadsheet
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Photoshop or equal
- MS Project
- Illustrator or equal, e-mail (Outlook), web