Senior Project Manager Education
About this role
A national multidisciplinary design firm rooted in architecture and engineering with 11 offices from coast to coast are looking for a Senior Project Architect to join their Sacramento team. As a Senior Project Manager, you will collaborate with their industry thought leaders in planning, research, sustainability and architectural innovation and should enjoy actively directing project teams and have confidence building long-term strategic relationships with their pubic clients in Northern California.
- Collaborates with Principal in evaluation of project requirements and helps to negotiate an acceptable owner-architect agreement including the fee and time schedule.
- Demonstrates task-focused mastery of project scope, profitability, schedule and budget. Completes projects on schedule, within budget and with maximum client satisfaction.
- Negotiates critical issues with top-level architects, engineers and officials of other organizations and firms.
- Utilizes experience and technical knowledge and monitors quality of the construction documents keeping in mind schedules/budgets and provides coaching/communication as appropriate with team leaders and/or team members who are responsible for work flow/timelines, etc.
- Develops discipline cost and work-hour budgets for each project and monitors project costs, completion status against budget schedules/timelines.
- Oversees all correspondence and pertinent documents, making sure they are accurate, signs or obtains signatures and seeks legal counsel as appropriate.
- Coordinates review and evaluation of contractor bids and works with Principal so that award recommendation can be submitted to owner.
- Provides day-to-day leadership in the absence of and as delegated by the Principal and/or Practice Group Leader keeping lines of communication open with all office management leaders and assists with preparation of client billings prior to submittal for signature.
- Collaborates with the Practice Group Leader as requested in the marketing of projects including development of proposals and possible participation in client interviews.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Architecture.
- Registered architect (preferably in California)
- 15+ years of professional experience honed on increasingly more complex projects
- Excellent communication, time management and technical skills
- Familiarity with LEED accreditation and the Design/Build project delivery method is preferred
- Experience with the State Fire Marshal and Division of the State Architect is essential
- Proficiency with Revit,SketchUp,Project Management software and Microsoft Office products
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a senior project manager who seeks leadership in a multi-national firm to be a mentor to their emerging professionals and a role model for their current Project Managers.
Development Director - Healthcare
Do you have deep connections in the healthcare industry? Passionate about business and network development? Work alongside firm principals to expand the scope of this well-respected healthcare studio!