Lead Designer - Master Planning & Urban Design
About this role
International Design studio with offices in Europe and US is seeking a design-focused Registered Architect and Urban Designer to join their SF team . You must be a creative thinker with a strong background in urban design and planning, as well as commercial-scale landscape architecture. This is a design-forward firm that is looking for someone to work with the leadership team of the firm.
- Manage internal project teams and oversee outside consultants
- Manage schedule and budget for master-planning projects.
- Represent the firm at client meetings and oversee the work of other designers in the project.
- Serve as an internal resource and leader for quality control, document coordination and construction administration
- Research and understand regulations, policies, strategies, guidelines and precedents that guide the project
- Develop design solutions that integrate social function, practicality, context, and innovation.
- Engage in design conceptualization utilizing a variety of mediums, including hand-drawing & digital drawing
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience preferably working in an urban design studio with master planning experience
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Design or Architecture
- Strong design communication skills, including the ability to hand-sketch in meetings
- Demonstrate interest in interdisciplinary practice, recognizing the contribution of social science, sociology, psychology, and other areas beyond the field or architecture
- Must be comfortable presenting to clients and other stakeholders
- Experience leading the design, documentation and implementation of parks, plazas, and other public open spaces
- Experience managing, designing and documenting complex projects from concept design through construction
- Knowledge of languages other than English is a plus, especially Spanish
- Proficiency with data analysis tools, such as Excel or Tableau, is a plus