Senior Architect - Technical Leader
About this role
This role will lead and drive processes and protocols around construction documentation excellence. Integral to this role will be a commitment to delivering excellence in the execution of sustainable architecture and technologies. A hands on role you will closely with staff and raise standards through effective training, mentoring and detailed checking of documentation and specifications on complex projects. The right person will have a passion for details and outstanding interpersonal skills.
A rare senior opportunity to join a progressive global studio with a reputation for sustainability.
- Lead and supervise technical documentation production throughout the Australasian architecture business
- Lead the drive for technical excellence in the delivery of projects, including the delivery of sustainable design and integration of sustainable technologies and circular economy principles.
- Work with teams on large multi-disciplinary projects to ensure sound delivery.
- Ensure all documentation is to appropriate regulations, codes and standards
- Ensuring technical documentation and detailing is in line with design intent and direction
- Act as a hands-on checker of technical excellence in documentation and delivery for all of the Australasian regional architecture team
- Mentoring and training younger and mid-level staff in construction documentation
- Working with the leadership team to set technical direction for the region team, including around implementation of sustainable construction
- Work with project leaders to manage successful commercial outcomes for major projects
- Work with senior staff to ensure design/ technical / quality reviews of outputs are rigorously undertaken
- Develop relationships and working closely with Arup infrastructure, buildings and consulting colleagues to pursue new opportunities.
- Extensive liaison with internal clients as well as working with other teams within the business.
- The ideal candidate would likely be a good representative for the Australasia Skills leader role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to listen and work collaboratively with the team.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Ability to remain positively motivated and foster team spirit at times of significant pressure, including assisting others to meet deadlines;
Skills and Experience
- The Candidate must be a Registered Architect in NSW
- At least fifteen years’ experience at leading design practices with a strong career focus on documentation and delivery, including through Revit and BIM.
- Experience in transport and infrastructure projects preferred.
- A collaborative ethos with a focus on quality
- Ability to work closely with leaders across Arup (Infrastructure, Buildings and Consulting groups) and be comfortable working in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary business.
- Be comfortable working across a number of projects at one time, overseeing and guiding staff
- A demonstrated understanding of the links between design intent and architectural detailing
Benefits and Culture
As part of the team you will enjoy benefits such as;
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for professional development and training
- A culture committed to sustainability and excellence
- An above market salary and yearly bonuses