Lead Architect - Fun-loving culture!
About this role
Be a part of this warm and high-energy team, located in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD with a playful studio environment to match the culture of the team! As a talented team of creatives in both disciplines, Interior Design and Architecture, the opportunity provides a well rounded and dynamic offering, with a focus on residential, commercial workplace, hospitality and retail projects. A tale of two cities with studios in Melbourne and Sydney and an award winning portfolio, you will get the chance to drive the Architecture arm within the Melbourne office, and have both client interactions, a strong design voice and a culture encouraging growth and project ownership. Be a leader in the Architecture space!
- Lead multiple, varying-scale residential & commercial workplace projects
- Take design briefs to construction – varied project timeframes
- Face to face client interactions - Manage new and existing clients
- Drive, develop and prepare design & technical output to communicate to clients, consultants and other stakeholders
- Work closely with the Sydney office - fellow Architecture team
- Offer Architectural expertise across both Arch and ID schemes
- Guide other more junior team members
- Meet fast-paced project demands
Skills & Experience
- Masters in Architecture (VIC Registration preferable)
- Min. 6 years’ experience, including private & multi-residential, commercial & workplace
- Advanced and hands-on Revit skills
- Enscape proficiency (ideal)
- Ability to lead projects and work autonomously, and lead others
- Work collaboratively with a talented team of Interior designers
- Concept design flare and ability to convey these designs to the client
- Strong working knowledge of the BCA, for Domestic housing and multi-residential
- Familiarity with the VIC planning system
- Solid co-ordination skills and ability to liaise with council and consultants
- Technical know-how with competent documentation and detailing ability
- Passionate about Architecture and Interior projects
Benefits & Culture
- Take the reins – make the role your own!
- Everyone has a design voice
- Central + quirky CBD studio
- Social culture – work hard, play hard
- Sector and scale variation opportunities
- Office dogs welcome!
Senior Project Architect – Sustainability focused practice
Once in a lifetime opportunity for a talented Senior Project Architect to join an established Melbourne based sustainable Architecture practice with 30+ years’ experience. Rare future opportunity of a succession plan & potential part ownership.