Interior Design Assistant
About this role
A luxury Interior Design studio and home décor showroom in South Florida is seeking an energetic and talented Interior Design Assistant to work closely with the Principal & Director of Design. This position will be tasked to assist with floor plans and design presentations for sophisticated clientele, as well as maintain the resource and sample library. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, excellent organizational skills, and an eye for creative detail. A flare for retail and sales is useful as assisting customers within the Boutique showroom will be required as needed.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide Design Director with day-to-day administrative support and secretarial duties
- Prepare documents, update client databases, take phone calls, handle correspondence, greet clients, organize meetings, estimate project costs, source products
- Coordinate project data and develop project schedules
- Assist in preparing presentations and furniture books for clients
Key skills and experience
- A professional degree in Interior Design is helpful but not required
- 2-5 years of professional experience in luxury residential design is preferred
- Work collaboratively with team and Principal to meet project deadlines and milestones
- Strong organizational, presentation, and communication skills
- Experience with the full scope of a project from design, to execution & staging
- Software proficiency needed for the role: AutoCAD/ArchiCAD, Adobe Creative Suite
An exciting position in South Florida to work with a small team of professionals and see all sides of the process of high-end residential designs.
Interior Designer - add this practice to your CV and don't look back!
What more could you ask for.... established and prominent practice with a family feel + beautiful, design-led projects with a timeless approach. Flexibility and WFH options. Min 3+ years experience on multi residential projects is a must. CBD studio, Revit.