Interior Designer - Principal
About this role
Our client is a mid-sized design-focused architectural studio making their mark in a variety of sectors. They are building an excellent reputation for the delivery of highend private residential, multiresidential, hospitality, boutique commercial and cultural projects. They’re now ready to take on a highly capable Senior Interior Designer to lead their ID concepts, manage a small team of designers and liaise directly with clients throughout the design process. They are looking for someone with strengths in concept design, new trend awareness, excellent communication skills and a desire to produce exceptional design. This is a perfect role for someone who has reached the ceiling in their current workplace and is now keen to spread their wings and step into a newly created role to make it their own.
- Lead concept design components of and manage clients proactively from initial brief through to completion.
- Design and develop FF&E schemes and present to clients.
- Manage procurement and project budgets throughout.
- Oversee a team who will produce detailed design documentation and tender docs
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships with suppliers, and stay ahead of trends
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Interior Design.
- 8+ years of experience, ideally within high-end residential and hospitality design
- Proven experience leading projects from inception to completion.
- Previously lead a team, strong people management skills is essential.
- Wealth of knowledge with suppliers and trade within the high-end market.
- Passion for FF&E and ongoing knowledge of trends within the industry.
- Strong in both verbal and written communication.
- Software: knowledge of revit is an advantage
- Social culture with a 50/50 gender split
- Beautiful studio environment, fitout designed by the team
- Clear career progression and a seat a the leadership table
Interior Designer - add this practice to your CV and don't look back!
What more could you ask for.... established and prominent practice with a family feel + beautiful, design-led projects with a timeless approach. Flexibility and WFH options. Min 3+ years experience on multi residential projects is a must. CBD studio, Revit.