About this role
A highly respected design studio renowned for creating beautifully crafted high end residential pro-jects is currently seeking an experienced Practice Manager to join their studio. The practice prides itself on design excellence and is highly revered within the industry. The right candidate will have substantial experience within the architecture and design industry, ideally within Practice or Studio Management.This role exists to provide financial and holistic practice management to the Principle and the wider team. This is a new leadership role with a focus on developing, implementing, testing, and refining new and current systems, processes, and ways of working across the entire business that will enable our growth and increase our effectiveness.Key Responsibilities
- This role will oversee Bookkeeping/Payroll’s, Financial Management, Human Resources and Operations.
- Business Development - Collaborate with Principle and Studio Manager to create the three-year growth vision and lead the implementation of the business development strategy ensuring we are fit for the future and set up to penetrate additional sectors.
- Define process and systems for winning new work and managing how they execute the work.
- Consider a pathway to third party Quality Assurance certification allowing the practice to lead into government work – including theatre, arts, community and more.
- Financial Management – client architect agreements, variations and fee adjustments, creating time budgets, time accounting and time descriptions, resource planning, budgeting etc.
- Establish an effective invoicing procedure that creates financial clarity for our team and the client, saving all parties time and ensures a completely transparent live view is provided throughout the project.
- Supporting the recruitment process when required.
- Identify immediate performance issues and work with Associate Directors to solve problems/concerns.
- Outline the resource plan required per milestone, identify professional development requirements for the practice, consider promotion pathways and identify succession planning opportunities for the team.
- Responsible for IT systems management and capital purchasing.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant industry experience preferred
- Change leadership / facilitating outcomes / knowing how to change systems, processes, people.
- HR, Operations, Finance, Bookkeeping skills all required.
- Strong Numerical and analytic skills.
Benefits and Culture
As part of the team you will enjoy benefits such as;
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for professional and career development
- A lively, collaborative and truly creative culture
- A key leadership role within the studio