Junior Interior Designer
About this role
A prestigious, internationally renowned Los Angeles-based AD100 firm is growing its New York team and seeks creative interior and FF&E designers for their talented team. Working across private residential interiors, textiles, and furniture design, the ideal candidate will be an emerging, motivated designer looking to learn from some of the best in the business!
- Maintain organized and current project files, including project directory, proposals, correspondence, materials, etc. as well as client and vendor relations
- Expedite orders including approving CFAs, checking in fabric, shipping fabric to furniture vendors, approving custom prototypes/mock-ups, tracking the status of pending items, ensuring items are fabricated/procured on time, and coordinate shipping and delivery of the items and ultimately installation of items
- Pull samples, materials, and finishes from library and showrooms for scheming
- Preparation for client meetings including boards, samples, and specifications/quotes
- Gather vendor quotes, generate and process proposals and purchase orders, and general project administration
- Attend off-site meetings with vendors and/or clients, including job sites
- Assist in all areas of design to support the Senior Design team
Skills and Experience
- Degree from an accredited interior design or architecture program
- Minimum of 6 months of related experience
- Excellent communicator and ease working directly with vendors, clients, and colleagues.
- Have the aptitude to work both autonomously and in teams
- Superlative organizational abilities.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Studio, Studio Designer. Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite. Additional proficiencies desired.
Jumpstart your career with a timeless, world-renowned interior practice!