About this role
This is an opportunity for a middleweight designer to join a leading studio working across various sectors, including retail and hospitality design. The studio is enjoying huge success and they have seen their numbers double in the past year due to numerous prestigious projects. The studio works across scales, from large scale retail through to boutique restaurants, what they have in common is a minimalist approach to design and an understanding of how people engage in the spaces. There is a democratic approach to design in the studio with the best idea winning, regardless of whether it comes from the associate or from a junior designer. They feel that through dialogue and questioning, the team produces the best design for the client.
- Assisting the project lead and director at all stages of the design process.
- Contributing to the concept development of a project and supporting this with sketching and imagery.
- Being conscious of budgetary restrictions when designing.
- Tweaking existing information (plans/drawings/visuals).
- Compiling mood and concept boards.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable passion for interior design and architecture is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The successful candidate must be technically minded with a positive can-do attitude.
- The individual must be highly organised, adaptable and flexible with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be committed to completing tasks and following through.
- Must be a team player and be able to work well with the assigned team.
- Experience with Revit and/or AutoCAD and Rhino
The successful candidate will be given the chance to grow in the studio. They want to give their designers the room to pursue their own development.
Senior Interior Designer - Retail Giants
A global design and build agency, specialising in retail design and fit out is on the lookout for a Senior Interior Designer / Account Manager. Work with leading brands and clients alongside an easy-going bunch who share your passion for retail design.