About this role
A global architecture and engineering firm is currently seeking a Project Architect to join their team in San Francisco. As a Project Architect, in partnership with the Project Manager and Project Designer, you will be accountable for project financial performance and team communication. Responsible for the allocation and content of deliverables, technical documentation and coordination of disciplines. If you are a licensed architect with 5+ years' experience and strong leadership skills.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent of the project established by the Project Designer is incorporated into the detailed documentation.
- Monitors the design process from conceptual phase through construction administration, ensuring the design idea is consistent and properly executed.
- Responsible for technical resolution and coordination for a defined portion of a project.
- Works with Specification Writer to develop specifications and is responsible for coordination of drawings and specifications.
- Regularly communicates with client representative to verify design requirements.
- Attends on-site visits, field reviews and project meetings. Prepares and coordinates the review of contractor’s schedules, submission of shop drawings and samples.
- Meets with municipal building department and other governing agency officials to coordinate approvals or variances.Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects
Skills and Experience
- BA in architecture or equivalent in education. Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ design experience
- Licensed Architect
- NCARB registration preferred
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines
- Thorough knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP)
- Advanced knowledge of QA/QC process
- Advanced knowledge of building codes and ability to research and apply/incorporate into technical documents
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency 3D Studio Max
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign
- Proficiency in Revit required
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred
This position provides excellent benefits and equal opportunity.
Senior Technical Architect / Director
A highly talented, contemporary architecture/design firm is looking for a Senior Technical Architect to join their team as Technical Director and coordinate the technical design services on a range of exciting commercial and residential projects.