Director of Operations
About this role
A lifestyle Architecture, Interior Design, and Planning firm with international and award-winning experience is hiring a Director of Operations in San Francisco. Do you strive to design with a team that synergizes residential and commercial practices and prioritizes culture, people, and places into the design process? If you have 10+ years of architectural and LEED certification (or on a path to completion) and honor authenticity into your work, this is for you! Tell a story with a group that refines and redefines holistic design to the finest detail. This is a full-time position for a company that offers a top benefit package.
- Monitoring Tools: Develop, implement and maintain project monitoring tools. Fortnightly review of PMR’s with PM’s.
- Hold periodic status meetings with Project Managers to discuss project status (operational and financial as well as schedule milestones), client relations, and key areas of concern.
- Develop, maintain and refine project work plan tools.
- Prepare monthly Operations Report for Partners including studio overview, top line project fiscal performance, personnel issues, staff utilization, forecasting (in conjunction with the controller and Officer Manager) monitoring revenue relative to set targets and forecasting required project types and timing required to meet annual goals.
- Standards: Overseas development of key operational standards, policies and procedures and ensures compliance internally.
- Train staff in the use of tools and adherence to professional practice procedures developed in the office.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Business Development Director, prepare proposals / contracts in response to RFP’s, negotiate contracts and attend periodic BD meetings.
- Scheduling: Maintains office wide schedules of all projects for the office including architecture, interiors and graphics.
- Resource Forecasting: Manages resource allocation for entire architecture and interiors staff. Sets project teams and forecasts staffing requirements.
- Monitor and approve vacation requests.
- Act as liaison between principals and architecture/interiors staff, and generally be the line of communication between firm and staff.
- Risk Management: Leading in assisting partners and firm manage risk and consult with firm’s attorneys on matters of risk management, which in turn ties back in to refining systems and professional practice procedures and maintain standard forms of agreement.
- In collaboration with the HR Manager, develop and maintain the organizational structure chart and definition of roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in the formulation of HR policies.
- Assist in sourcing new staff, reviewing qualifications, interviewing and assessing, making hiring recommendations and issuing offers of employment.
- Participate in personnel reviews and assist in dealing with special cases.
Skills and Experience
- Professional experience at a top-tier design firm
- Experience in cultural and lifestyle projects (retail, restaurant, hospitality, mixed use, public markets, winery, master planning)
- Expertise in CAD, SketchUp, Revit
- B Arch professional degree (5 yr) or M Arch required
An award winning International practice with iconic projects all over the world have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Project Architect with great technical skills to join their Los Angeles studio. .