Global Strategist (Mid-Level)
About this role
A global giant in the Architecture and Design industry is looking for a Mid-Level Strategist to join their office in San Francisco.
The Business Development & Client Services individual will be instrumental in continuing to grow the firm's reputation as the go-to design firm for unique, well-functioning design solutions. The Client Services role will be based in San Francisco and will directly report to the Associate Director, Client Services.
The ideal candidate will have a pre-existing, well-developed network of brokers, project managers, corporate real estate executives and real estate developers in the Bay Area and beyond. This person should be an independent self-starter and strategic thinker. This role will require someone to be exceptionally organized, be able to multi-task well, and be comfortable balancing the demands of a fast-paced and changing environment.
• Identify, analyze, pursue and report on new business opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
• Spearhead all phases of the sales development cycle, from prospecting and introductory meetings through detailed presentation and negotiation to closing and ongoing activities to monitor and support client satisfaction.
• Oversee the effort to identify and formulate winning strategy of proposals / responses to RFPs and RFIs with support of the internal proposal team.
• Meet prospective corporate clients and prepare presentations of the firm’s profile including projects designed and executed by the firm.
• Participate in industry organizations and other professional events for business networking in a regular and consistent manner.
• Maintain strategic relationships with clients, brokers, project managers, real estate executives, land developers and other strategic alliances.
• Manage commercial process-flow and information tracking from inception of leads through deal closure.
• Nurture and foster existing client relationships to maintain client and augment satisfaction.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Excellent business communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
• A hunger to consistently seek out and uncover new opportunities.
• A strong desire to help uncover new solutions to better assist our clients in their business goals.
• Ability to formulate a business development strategy and to execute these initiatives.
• 3 - 7 years of experience working in business development in architecture, engineering, construction, or a related industry.
• Strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize workload, work under pressure and to your own initiative.
• Proficiency with CRM systems.
• Bachelor’s degree; emphasis in architecture, construction management or engineering is advantageous.