7-10 year Designer
About this role
About the role:A San Francisco firm that designs luxurious residential homes is seeking an interior designer to join their team. This person will coordinate with Design Principal to execute all design decisions, helps finalize design and attends project meetings (as required) from design development phase through installation phase.
- Assist Design Principal to prepare for all meetings, prepare agendas and notes; set up of drawings and all necessary materials; liaison with clients, architects and contractors. Collaborate with Design Principal in design schemes, design development and presentations. Coordinate project installations.
- Preparation of color and material boards as needed for presentations. Preparation for client presentations as otherwise required.
- Responsible for follow-up meeting procedures and directs Project Assistant in returning all materials, samples and catalogs to appropriate place in library, generating and distributing meeting notes, identifying action items.
- Oversee, numbering floor plans; create Studio Designer skeleton and sets up job sheets room by room for completion.
- As directed by Design Principal and along with Project Manager works with Production & Drafting department on furniture plans, furniture drawings and floor plans and update as necessary.
- Responsible for preparing architectural contract document package, i.e. plans, specifications, details, hardware and plumbing schedules, electrical specifications,etc.
- Responsible for measuring, photographing and cataloging all existing furniture and art, noting conditions, etc.
- Distribution of all relevant correspondence emanating from project(s); preparation of written schedules, quotations, budgets, specifications, proposals and material reference books.
- General research and shopping for projects as directed by Design Principal. Research items may be turned over to Project Assistant (with clear and concise direction from team as to what is needed).
- Preparation of all proposals including written descriptions of item, verify information, obtains approval from Design Principal. Process purchase orders and expedites, as needed. Reviews Work in Progress (WIP) reports regularly in coordination with Project Manager.
- Responsible for project budget generation and tracking, in coordination with Studio Manager.
- Oversee overall maintenance, organization and labeling of client carts and materials samples.
- Works with Project Assistant to prepare for meetings, installation and timely completion of tasks.
- Coordinate with Project Assistant scheduling vendors for measurements (i.e., drapery, carpets, etc.)
- Provide general support to Principal and Design Principal on executing special assignments.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in Interior Design or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be acquired; and
- Seven - ten years experience working in a high-end residential interior design firm that includes project management, design and budgeting experience; and
- Excellent customer service, communications and management skills; and
- Prior experience managing staff with excellent team building skills; and
- Strong organizational and computer skills