Project Accountant with DeltekVision
About this role
The firm was founded more than 30 years ago based on a culture of collaboration, integrity and mutual respect and is committed to continuous learning in support of professional and personal growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the firm’s Principals to ensure financial performance objectives
- Leadership and oversite of accounting operations including project accounting, payroll, consultant and accounts pay
- Oversee monthly closing and provide accurate and timely financial analysis and reporting
- Monthly reconciliation of operating account and general ledger
- Develop and update annual/quarterly operating budget
- Support year-end financial planning
- Liaison with Project Managers to ensure financial performance goals
- Project accounting oversite including billing, percent complete and WIP analysis, updating monthly labor projections, consultant fee management, etc.
- Provide accurate financial data to outside entities including CPA, bank, insurance providers, valuation consultants, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Coordinate CPA’s annual review, audit and tax compliance functions
- Provide general and accounting software training to the accounting team and others
- Develop and implement continuous improvement of accounting policies, systems and procedures
- A minimum of 8-10 years of experience in an accounting/finance role in an A/E/C industry firm
- MUST HAVE expert knowledge of Deltek Vision and Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive understanding of project accounting including billing, budgeting, labor and expense tracking, percent complete accounting, WIP management, and facilitating optimal financial performance
- Bachelor and/or Master degree in business, accounting, finance or related discipline
This is a fantastic opportunity for a seasoned accounting professional who thrives in a dynamic and creative environment to be a part of a well-established, growing architecture firm offering a full range of generous benefits including healthcare, employer matching 401K, profit sharing, paid time off, and a firm-sponsored education program that encourages effective training and career development. Apply today!