Furniture, Fixtures & Equipment Designer
About this role
Confident, discriminating and with the ability to innovate the successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication skills and the important ability to balance playfulness with luxury. This role presents a wonderful opportunity to work for one of the most highly respected designers in the world on some of the most exclusive and eclectic projects anywhere.
- Be strategic and highlight important issues throughout the project phases whilst maintaining a dedication to great design
- Generate control books and schedules for a wide range of items from soft home, moveable furniture and lighting to finishes, architectural accessories, hardware, decorative and fine art.
- Manage several projects concurrently maintaining a calm focus and an atmosphere of productivity and accuracy even under pressure
- Coordinate and maintain close relationships with all FF&E purchasing agents from research to procurement and installation
- Create design concepts, presentations, resource images and draw highly detailed and complex custom furniture
- Source a variety of unusual and custom products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unique material solutions, ironmongery, lighting and sanitary wear products
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a design position and a professional degree in interior design or furniture/industrial design
- Be adaptable, creative, characterful, organized and passionate
- A high level of comfort and experience making FF&E designs and using control books
- A professional and warm demeanor and proficiency in delivering clear neat design presentations
- Have the aptitude to work both autonomously and in teams
- Demonstrate a high degree of experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and hand sketching
From residences to restaurants, private members clubs and important global hotels this opportunity offers scope for great variety. With projects all over the world and an amazing reputation for exuberant and luxurious design this is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse and renowned team. This opportunity for a discerning, thorough and multifaceted creative professional is a rare opportunity to be involved in the creation of many wonderful and celebrated projects. Great salary and benefits for the successful candidate.
Senior Interior Designers - Luxury Hotel Projects
Help bring some of Melbourne's most luxurious hospitality and hotel projects to life! Multi-disciplinary studio seeks both creative and delivery-focused Senior Interior Designers to bring their talent to 5-star Luxury Hotel Projects.