Senior Interior Designer
About this role
Organized, discriminating and with the strength to innovate the successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication skills and the important ability to balance whimsy with luxury. This role presents a magnificent opportunity to work for one of the most highly respected designers in the world on some of the most exclusive and eclectic projects anywhere.
- Run projects and make sure they are completed with a clear understanding of contractual obligations working closely with the senior associates and directors
- Strategize and highlight salient issues throughout the design phases
- Effortlessly communicate with clients both existing and potential by guiding conversations and paying close attention to requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Confidently prepare drawings and plans for all aspects of a project from lighting fixtures to furniture, material finishes, electrical layouts, elevations and details and planning submission packages
- With experience, lead design site visit meetings with contractors and clients and producing timely and comprehensive minutes
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to the ethos of the practice whilst maintaining as sense of individuality and imagination
- Manage budgets internally and on behalf of clients to generate clear timelines and accounts for the duration of all projects
- Source a variety of unusual and custom products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unique material solutions, ironmongery, lighting and sanitary wear products
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 6 years experience in a senior design position and a professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Have a natural facility to prioritize information and to channel workflow across several projects at one time
- Possess in depth knowledge of the interior design industry and the locations to source the finest materials and furnishings
- Clearly propose solutions to problems with a warm verbal, written and visual dexterity whilst thriving in a close dynamic team
- Balance specific experience of hospitality design with the receptiveness to new ideas and uncommon methods and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Demonstrate precision in the generation of graphic presentations, ensuring the house CAD standards are maintained whilst guiding teams and having in depth knowledge of the software they use including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
From residences to restaurants, private members clubs and important global hotels this opportunity offers scope for great variety. With projects all over the world and an amazing reputation for exuberant and luxurious design this is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse and renowned team. This opportunity for a discerning, thorough and multifaceted creative professional is a rare opportunity to be involved in the creation of many wonderful and celebrated projects. Great salary and benefits for the successful candidate.