FF&E Associate / Design Manager
About this role
Ambitious, discriminating and with the power to be both a manager and a uniquely elegant designer the successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication skills and the important ability to balance whimsy with luxury. This role presents a magnificent opportunity to work for one of the most highly respected designers in the world on some of the most exclusive and eclectic projects anywhere.
- Direct all design concepts to ensure they are married with a clear understanding of function and materiality working closely with the senior director and creative director
- Strategize and highlight salient issues throughout the design phases
- Effortlessly communicate with clients both existing and potential by guiding conversations and paying close attention to requirements
- Manage several teams and oversee a number of projects concurrently maintaining a calm focus and an atmosphere of mentorship with junior staff
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to the ethos of the practice whilst maintaining as sense of individuality and imagination
- Develop and maintain smooth working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Administer teams who maintain and develop products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unusual material solutions and unique hand crafted elements for projects
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a senior project management design position and a professional degree in interior design or interior architecture
- Experience in the luxury sector - specifically in hospitality
- Work autonomously and with a natural facility to prioritize information whilst channeling workflow across several projects at one time
- Maintain an in depth knowledge of the interior design industry and keep abreast and ahead of design trends and new products
- Display a good working knowledge of design regulations and building codes and keep up with developments in construction technology
- Calmly manage problems with warm verbal, written and visual dexterity whilst thriving in a close team
- Join specific experience of hospitality design with the imagination to propose new ideas and uncommon methods whilst maintaining an uncompromising attention to detail
- Demonstrate precision in the scrutiny of graphic presentations, guiding teams and having in depth knowledge of the software they use including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
From residences to restaurants, private members clubs and important global hotels this opportunity offers scope for great variety. With projects all over the world and an amazing reputation for exuberant and luxurious design this is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse and renowned team. This opportunity for a discerning, thorough and multifaceted creative professional is a rare opportunity to be involved in the creation of many wonderful and celebrated projects. Great salary and benefits for the successful candidate.